Thursday 7 April 2011

Developement In Destruction

JEREMIAH 50 v 17-32
What does God have to get rid of in my life so I can continue to develop?
Just a few thoughts today.
We have always got to allow God to prune us otherwise if we have a rotten or dead branch, then this could kill the rest of us, the tree. We are like that tree and sometimes we go through a season of pruning. I love the idea of self-assessment and i enjoy doing it on myself too. But sometimes what needs pruning is past our capabilities and it takes God's power.

The Babylonians needed destroying because they would stop the Israelites getting back onto their feet as a nation. Sometimes we have stuff in our life which is useful at one time but isn't anymore and this is like the Babylonians, he used them to teach Israel a lesson but now God needed to punish them to.

"Nip it in the bud."

So they would have hindered the recovery of the Israelite nation but what is hindered my growth and walk with God? Sometimes I recognise that there isn't anything in particular, but on a few occasions there are major things which slow my growth with God down.

What do I need to prune to enhance my growth? When do I need to prune to speed up my growth?

No comments:

Post a Comment